PUERTO RICO: FANTASTIC CRUISING GROUNDS ON YOUR WAY EAST
When planning your winter yachting Caribbean season, make sure to add a stop at the ‘Island of Enchantment’.
Puerto Rico is a rising star in yachting destinations. This sunny Caribbean island is not only rich in a vibrant art and food scene, beautiful colonial architecture and stunning beaches fringed by coral reefs, but Puerto Rico’s outlying Spanish Virgin Islands also offer pristine cruising through an undeveloped archipelago. As one of the largest harbors in the Caribbean, and situated close to the nearby Fernando Ribas airport, San Juan is the place to start a yacht voyage. Puerto Rico is surrounded by vast cruising grounds which make being underway a complete pleasure and at the end of the day, fantastic and safe anchorages.
Puerto Rico provides other several undisputable benefits to visiting superyachts:
• Very convenient berthing options (alongside available)
• Less than 20 hours cruising from/to the other islands of the region
• Smooth shipping and clearance of spare parts and packages from the US (no additional taxes)
• Only US jurisdiction in the Caribbean that issues CBP Cruising License
• Very competitive duty-free fuel with potential credit line
Our local BWA Yachting team, headed by Jose Casanova and based in San Juan, is at the full service of superyachts’ captains and crews to assist on formalities, itinerary and local excursions planning, bunkering, provisioning or to offer the latest government advice and updates on local protocols and restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic.